This tone model bundle is a collection of tones based off a Suhr Badger 18 amplifier. This bundle is a set of captures based off my favorite settings on the amp meticulously captured through a 12” Celestion G12M-65 Creamback speaker. This bundle also includes amp only (direct) captures so you can pair them up with the IR or speaker of your choosing. The DI presets include a bonus custom IR of a Vintage 30 loaded cab to audition the DI captures.
This bundles tone models model an array of different gain and channel settings. The bundle includes 6 amp/cab tone models (amp > mic > mic pre) all at various gain levels and settings through the previously mentioned speaker and 6 amp only captures.
The naming convention for the tone presets are, for example, as follows:
JS – Sir Badge 18 Ult (DI) xxxx x
The xxxx signifies the overall level of gain in the tone model from Clean to Push to OD. The single “x” signifies the level of gain within the previous mentioned overall level of gain. If the name contains a “DI” it denotes that as an amp only (DI) tone model.
1. Clean – Amp set to as clean as it can be.
2. Push 1 – This is a pushed to breakup amp tone.
3. Push 2 – This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to Push 1.
4. OD 1 – This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to Push 2.
5. OD 2 - This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to OD 1.
6. OD 3 - This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to OD 2 and utilizes the amps built in in MOSFET Boost.
The tone models were recorded with a Beyer Dynamic M160 ribbon mic into a Cranborne Camden 500 mic preamp for the amp/cab captures.
Feel free to use these captures and presets as starting points to dial in your own tones or use them as dialed in by default.
top of page
bottom of page