This tone model bundle is a collection of tones based off a PRS Archon 50 amplifier. This bundle is a set of captures based off my favorite settings on the amp meticulously captured through a Revv 2x12” Celestion G12H-75 Creamback loaded speaker cab.
This bundles tones model an array of different gain and input settings. The bundle includes 6 amp/cab tone models (amp > mic > mic pre) all at various gain levels and settings through the previously mentioned speaker. The naming convention for the tone presets are, for example, as follows:
JS – Archie Dbl Crm xxxx x
The xxxx signifies the overall level of gain in the tone model from Clean to Push to OD. The single “x” signifies the level of gain within the previous mentioned overall level of gain.
- Clean – Amp set to as clean as it can be.
- Push 1 – This is a pushed to breakup amp tone.
- Push 2 – This is a higher gain tone model with a slightly different voicing in comparison to Push 1.
- OD 1 – This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to Push 2.
- OD 2 – This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to OD 1.
- OD 3 – This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to OD 2.
The tone models were recorded with a Royer R10 ribbon mic into a Cranborne Camden 500 preamp.
Feel free to use these captures and presets as starting points to dial in your own tones or use them as dialed in by default.