This tone model bundle is a collection of tones based off a Vox MV50 AC amplifier. This bundle is a set of captures based off my favorite settings on the amp meticulously captured through a 2x12 Celestion G12-T-75 loaded speaker cabinet.
This bundles tone models an array of different gain settings. The bundle includes 5 tone models (amp > mic > mic pre) all at various gain levels and settings through the previously mentioned speakers. The naming convention for the tone presets are, for example, as follows:
JS – Vox-y 50 AC Ult x
The “x” in the above naming convention represents the following tone models:
1. 1 – Amp set to as clean as it can be
2. 2 – This is a pushed to breakup amp tone.
3. 3 – This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to Push 2.
4. 4 - This is a higher gain tone model in comparison to Push 3. This features the amp pushed into more saturation.
5. 5 – This is the highest gain setting and would be appropriate for lead tones and when more overdrive/distortion is needed.
The microphones were recorded with a Beyer Dynamic M160 ribbon mic into a Cranborne Camden 500 preamp.
Feel free to use these captures and presets as starting points to dial in your own tones or use them as dialed in by default.
top of page
bottom of page